26.5.09

Fire Cookie!

24.02.09 - Tuesday

Once upon a time there were two lovely ladies. These two lovely ladies went to see a showing of “Harry Potter & something or another” (I mean, who can honestly remember which one of the many installations we witnessed that night!? But that detail is unimportant, and I digress...) at the Red Rocks Amphitheatre in Morrison, Colorado. Before the showing of such a fantastic film (the one I can’t remember…) there was a, well, I’m not sure talented is the right world, but in general, a live band playing to entertain the lovely ladies until the sun set & they could enjoy our outdoor movie.

This band began playing a song and repeating incomprehensible lyrics, resulting in the two lovely ladies hearing the following words over & over: “Fire Cookie! Fire Cookie!” Ummm… What?? Turns out, the man was saying “fire cooking under me” or some such nonsense, but by the time the lovely ladies figured this out, they were already quite attached to the phrase “Fire Cookie” and thus, created matching nick-names for each other. So, this post is dedicated to none other than my Fire Cookie.





















Now, Fire Cookie, otherwise known as Lauren Duker, just recently moved into a long awaited perfect home with her beau, and on such an occasion, I decided her walls needed some Becky love. This is the final product of such love for her & her walls.



Needless to say, she loved it. ;)


The best part about all of this? The trip to the post office. Please gander at this man standing in the exhaustingly long line in front of me. Yes, he is indeed balancing his package on his head while his hands busily complete some other task, keeping him from actually holding his mail. Hats off, or shall I say, envelopes off, to you sir.

No comments: