1.6.09

Foggy London Town.

17.03.09 – Tuesday

Today started out in a creepy, fantastic way. I mean, who doesn’t love driving over a tiny, narrow bridge in a dense wall of fog? As I drove to work, praying to stay in my lane, and for other cars to stay in theirs, I had A Foggy Day (In London Town) playing in my head. Mmm… While Frankie, Ella & Louie hold special places in my heart, I must admit, I do adamantly love me some Michael Bublé.



I guess this weather fits the day, considering it is St. Patrick’s Day and all… So from London, we travel to Ireland. (Where, as some of you know, my husband is waiting for me…)

Over lunch, some co-workers & I headed downtown to watch the St. Patty's Day parade, and were thoroughly entertained by the likes of men in kilts, little old ladies marching with their walkers, street sweepers & bright green dogs. I'd say the parade was a success.

















For the evening entertainment, our good friend Joel (a brilliant special-use product model), threw a huge dinner-party, filled with genuine Irish food & goodies, cooked lovingly by his family. We had our fill of corned beef & cabbage (so good!), ginger beer (quite… unique) & other wonderful Irish delicacies… And to finish the night off, we played an interesting game of Viking (Joel’s take on the game Mafia), where everyone ganged up on me & killed me off… TWO games in a row! As I said then, and I still stand by this statement, that there weren’t any women Vikings, so how could I be one?!?! But, alas, they did not accept my alibi, and I was ousted. I suppose it serves me right… Seeing as that my family is Norwegian, and no telling what cities my ancient relatives have pillaged & burned. Oh well, like great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great grandfather, like great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great granddaughter, right? :)

No comments: